Want to take in the solar on stunning seashores in Spanish-speaking international locations?
Whether you’re making plans a commute Ibiza or Cancún – or dreaming of a Spanish seaside from afar – Spanish seaside vocabulary will come in at hand.
From construction sand castles along with your children, to browsing and sunbathing, your whole seaside vocabulary is roofed right here. Soon, you’ll be jet surroundings round the Spanish-speaking international, speaking to the natives about how a lot you experience los angeles playa – “the beach” in Spanish.
If you’re no longer going to the seaside any time quickly, many of those phrases are nonetheless helpful at the pool. Or, use those phrases to inform a seaside tale subsequent time you chat along with your language alternate spouse.
Envision you’re already there and playing your holiday, and let’s be told!
Going to the Beach in Spanish: Do You Take all These 21 Things With You to the Beach?
You’re heading out to los angeles playa, and you want to pack your issues for the day. You’ll want to put for your el bañador (“swimsuit”) sooner than you pass. And load up the cooler filled with los angeles comida (“food”). Don’t fail to remember your necessities like los angeles toalla (“towel”), las chanclas (“flip flops”), and el protector sun (“sunscreen”). What different issues may you load up?
- Sunglasses: Las gafas de sol
- Umbrella: La sombrilla
- Beach bag: La bolsa de playa
- Beach chair: La silla de playa
- Hat: El Sombrero
- Cooler: La nevera
- Snacks and beverages: Los aperitivos y bebidas
- Water bottles: Las botellas de agua
- Music audio system: Los altavoces de música
- Headphones: Los auriculares
- Book: El libro
- Magazine: La revista
- Camera: La cámara
- Beach ball: La pelota de playa
- Shovel and pail: La pala y el cubo
- Surfboard: La tabla de surf
Some phrases are used interchangeably with others, like las sandalias (“sandals”) as a substitute of las chanclas, and bloqueador sun (“sunblock”) as a substitute of protector sun. And, don’t confuse a seaside umbrella with a typical one: paraguas are the type used for rain, and sombrilla are used to block the solar.
While you’re loading up to pass to the seaside (or perhaps a pool or splash park), practise naming each and every merchandise you pack to beef up what you be told.
On the Beach in Spanish: Talking about Things You’ll Find on a Spanish Beach
Now, tu estas en los angeles playa – “You’re on the beach” in Spanish. The sand is sizzling, the breeze feels great and the solar is vibrant… If you pass to a seaside in Ibiza, and somebody asks you the way it was once, you wish to have to be ready to say greater than Estuvo bien.
Here’s how to describe issues you might even see on a Spanish seaside:
“Sand” and “Sun” in Spanish: 27 Words and Phrases You’ll Use in the Spanish Sunshine
“Sun” in Spanish is el sol. If you sought after to describe it, you’ll want to say El sol es brillante for “The sun is bright” or Está caliente for “It’s hot.” “Sand” in Spanish is los angeles area. If you pass along with your children (otherwise you’re only a child at middle), you’ll want to construir un castillo de area, “build a sandcastle”.
Here are different stuff you’ll see and enjoy on the coastline:
- Shore: La orilla
- Seashell: La concha marina or los angeles concha
- Sand greenbacks: Los dólares de area
- Seagulls: Las gaviotas
- Pelicans: Los pelícanos
- Tourists: Los turistas
- Families: Las familias
- Surfers: Los surfistas or tablistas
- Lifeguards: Los/Las salvavidas
- Bay: La bahía
- Resort: El balneario
- Island: La isla
- Port: El puerto
- Swimming pool: La piscina
- Condo: El condominio
- Ocean view: La vista al mar
- Coast: La costa
- Boat: El barco
- Sunset: La puesta de sol
- Sunrise: La salida del sol
- Breeze: La brisa
Practise making sentences describing your keep. Did you keep in el condominio or el balneario? Were there many los turistas y las familias or extra tablistas? Did you spot los angeles puesta de sol?
The extra you practise talking and the use of the phrases in sentences, the more straightforward it is going to be to communicate in Spanish about your time at the seaside.
“Ocean” in Spanish: 12 Spanish Words and Phrases to Help You Talk about the Sea
Let’s be told some phrases for the water itself. “Ocean” in Spanish is el océano, whilst the Spanish phrase for “sea” is el mar. You would possibly say El mar esta en calma (“The ocean is calm”) right through low tide, or marea baja. “Wave” in Spanish is los angeles ola, and “high tide” can be marea alta. So – you guessed it – marea way “tide”.
How about in the water?
- Starfish: La estrella de mar
- Fish: El pez
- Jellyfish: La medusa
- Stingray: La raya
- Shark: El tiburón
- Dolphin: El delfin
- Crab: El cangrejo
Hopefully, nobody shouts “El tiburón!” however it’s at all times great to see a delfin shut to shore or take a dolphin-watching tour (excursión de delfines). And it’s excellent to know cangrejo, raya and medusa in case somebody spots one in the shallow waters. Watch the doorstep and shuffle your toes!
10 Simple Phrases for Chatting about the “Summer” in Spanish
“Summer” in Spanish is el verano. Summer holiday is vacaciones de verano. Don’t fail to remember to hashtag your seaside selfies with Vibras de verano – “summer vibes”.
- Summertime: Hora de verano
- Beach selfie: La playa autofoto
- Photos: Las fotos
- Sunny: Soleado
- Hot: Caluroso
- Tan strains: Las líneas de bronceado or Las líneas de colour canela
- Sunburn or suntan: Bronceado
If you’re an low season beachgoer, the different seasons are primavera (“spring”), otoño (“fall”) and invierno (“winter”).
12 Words and Phrases for Spanish Beach Activities
What do you favor to do at the seaside? Do you favor to lay out and sunbathe, or swim in the water? Maybe you’re adventurous and experience scuba diving or parasailing.
“Sunbathe” in Spanish is tomar el sol, which accurately way to “drink,” “catch” or “take in”. So, it’s the identical factor as pronouncing you wish to have to “soak up the sun” a los angeles Sheryl Crow.
Here are different verbs for the seaside in Spanish:
- To play seaside volleyball: Jugar al voleibol de area
- To go browsing: Ir a hacer surf
- To scuba dive: A bucear
- Parasailing: Hacer veleo
- Water snowboarding: Hacer esquí acuático
- To fish: Pescar
- To swim: Nadar
- To play in the water (or splash round): Bañarse en el agua or Jugar en al aqua
- To snorkel: Nadar respirando por un tubo (Literally: “Swim breathing through a tube”), or a bucear
Sometimes you might even see a boda en los angeles playa (“beach wedding”) or fiesta en los angeles playa (“beach party”). If you’re going to one, you’ll be able to say para asistir (“to attend”) or ir a una fiesta (“to go to a party”).
If you’re on the lookout for a dog-friendly seaside to take your canine for a stroll (pasear un perro), be warned. Many seashores in Spain don’t permit pets. You’ll need to search for a “dog beach” in Spanish – Playa de perros or Playa amigable para perros. You too can ask somebody, ¿Se admiten perros en esta playa? (“Are dogs allowed on this beach?”)
14 More Useful Spanish Beach Phrases
Besides the phrases you must know, there are useful words, questions and idioms connected to the seaside, too. Like, “Let’s go to the beach” in Spanish is Vamos a los angeles playa. And to specific your seaside affinity, you’ll be able to say “I love the beach” in Spanish with Amo los angeles playa. Or use Me encanta los angeles playa.
Here are some excellent questions to know in Spanish for the seaside:
- Can I swim right here?: ¿Puedo nadar aquí?
- Is it protected to swim right here?: ¿Es seguro nadar aquí?
- Is there a lifeguard on accountability?: ¿Hay un salvavidas de servicio?
- What are the seaside hours?: ¿Cuáles son las horas de playa?
- Do you wish to have to pass to the seaside?: ¿Quieres ir a los angeles playa?
- Can you assist me put sunscreen on my again?: ¿Puedes ayudarme a ponerme protector sun en los angeles espalda? or just Me puede ayudar con esto
And listed here are some seaside, solar and water-related idioms:
- To swim in opposition to the present: Nadar contra corriente
- To know the place one’s best possible passion lie: Arrimarse al sol que más calienta (“Approaching the sun that warms the most”)
- To hesitate, to take a seat on the fence: Nadar entre dos aguas (“Swimming between two waters”)
- All day lengthy: De sol a sol (“From sun to sun”)
- To have it each techniques, a double usual: Nadar y guardar los angeles ropa (“To swim and store one’s clothes”)
Ready to Soak Up Some Sun?
You’re all set for a laugh in the solar! You can apply when you’re there, or whilst longingly watching seaside photos. We’ve all been there.
If you might have children, you’ll be able to make a recreation out of it and come with them in your Spanish language-learning, too. Kids like “I spy”, so practise describing what you spot and the phrases round you. It’s an effective way to assist your children be told Spanish.
Now, for those who’re travelling to the Caribbean, you might have considered trying to be told some Caribbean Spanish phrases and words. Or for those who’re travelling to the stunning seashores of Spain, you’ll want to know your crucial Spanish shuttle words for the remainder of your commute.
What different must-know seaside words are you able to recall to mind? Have you attempted your hand at conversing in Spanish whilst at the seaside? Share with us in the feedback!
The publish Summer Spanish! 97 Spanish Words and Phrases to Talk About the Beach in Spanish gave the impression first on Fluent in three months – Language Hacking and Travel Tips.
Source hyperlink Travel News